GAB Code Editor v4
Note: GAB Code Editor 4 can only be used with GSS Version 2019.1 or higher, and scripts made in this version will not run on earlier versions.
This wiki is created for the new GAB Code Editor (v4) and related OCTSRS features.
For information on the previous Code Editor, visit this page..
To use the new editor:
- Open a 2019.1+ GSS Menu instance.
- Add a custom menu item of type "External Program", and link to Global\Plugins\GABCE4.exe
- Click on the custom menu item to launch.
- Title Bar and Toolbar for the current tab
- Docked Tool Windows
- Opened Tabs (Script code, Included Files, Designer, Embedded File Editor)
- Code Editor
- Status Bar
- Main Interface (Toolbar, Tabs, and Status Bar)
- Code Editor Tab
- Included Files Tab
- Designer Tab
- Dockable Tool Windows (Dialogs)
GAB Code Editor and Runtime Features
- G2P (GAB 2.0 Packaged) Format - A new GAB file type for more complex projects.
- SvgImages - Standard icons and images available programmatically.
- Enums - A set of Enumerations to eliminate "magic numbers".
- New Controls - New and improved GAB controls.
- New Form Types - New types of GAB forms.
- New Functions - New functions and properties.
- Lookup Control - A new control designed to replace the older Browser.
- Popup Alerts - Allows the user to show non-blocking pop-up alerts in the corner of their screen.
- Intellisense - An improved Intellisense system for discovering functionality and coding.
If the Code Editor crashes, you'll see a message asking if you'd like to report the issue. Select "Yes", and follow the on-screen instructions to create a call.
If you encounter a non-crash issue, either select "Help > Report a Problem" to create a call within the editor, or select "Help > Debug > Create Debug Package". Create an issue, or email your support representative and attach the debug package.
For more in depth information on issue reporting, see the Report a Problem page.
Global Shop Employees
The GAB Code Editor includes some features only available to Global Shop employees, and some processes that are only relevant internally. To view these, visit the GAB Code Editor Internal Features page.