Opens a connection to a database
Function.ODBC.Connection!ConnectionName.OpenConnection (DSN Name, UserName, Password) or
Function.ODBC.Connection!connection_name.OpenConnection(DSN, username, password, timeout) or
Function.ODBC.Connection!connection_name.OpenConnection(Connection string) or
The name of the connection
The name of the DSN (Database) on the computer
Default use “Admin”
Default use “”
Function.ODBC.Connection!testConnect.OpenConnection (“GLOBAL_GSS”, “Master”, master“”)
- The timeout value is in seconds
- This only affects the timeout of commands that execute against the database directly (UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT INTO, etc.)
- This isn't a bug fix, per se, but some ODBC commands executing against the Pervasive database engine will exceed the command timeout. When this happens, a S100 Timeout Expired fault will be thrown.
- This command can be used if you have a properly formatted connection string, or if you want to use NTLM security with your DSN.
- If you are using a DSN with this command, you will need to manually check for its presence.